Village of Hartland
Position: Library Page
Reports to: Circulation Supervisor
Pay Grade: Seasonal
Date: May 2022
Qualifications: High School diploma not required; must be 14 years of age and able to obtain a work permit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Shelves library materials and performs other tasks to keep the collection in order.
- Assists patrons with routine location questions referring patrons to other staff members as needed and instructs patrons in the use of library equipment.
- Performs various housekeeping tasks such as dusting shelves, straightening library appearance and other duties as assigned.
- Tidy library shelves
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of library terminology; procedures and equipment; simple mathematics and English.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral directions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff members and the public.
- Ability to lift and carry library materials; push and pull book carts; stoop and reach; stand for extensive periods of time.
- Ability to sort and file alphabetically and numerically.
- Express a positive attitude towards public service work.
- May be assigned to work nights or weekends.
Please return completed application to the Hartland Public Library or email to Director, Laura, at Lgest@hartland.lib.wi.us.