Adult Summer Reading Program
Adult Summer Reading Program
Early Sign Up Week: June 5 - 10
Program runs: June 12 - July 29
The 2023 Hartland Public Library Adult Summer Reading Program's theme is All Together Now! This year's program focuses on several main goals: to read as much as possible, to get adults active while trying new activities and hobbies, and to travel and learn about our local community and world!
2023 will feature both reading and activity goals:
Reading Goals: For each hour that you read and log up to 70 hours, you will receive 1 raffle ticket for the grand prize drawings at the end of the summer. Reading a book, magazine, e-materials, newspaper, etc. or listening to an audiobook all count!
Summer Activities: Along with reading great books, we want to encourage our patrons to get out and about with their friends and families, so we've designed several different activities that adults can participate in all summer long:
- Explore the Outdoors- Participate in some fun outdoor activities right in your backyard in Waukesha County!
- Travel Dishes- Try a new recipe from another culture (or two, or three)!
- BFF: Book Friends Forever- Read from our reading list focusing on friendships and community.
- Hartland Happenings- Support local businesses and explore what Hartland has to offer this summer.
- Genre Adventurer- Dive into a genre you wouldn't normally pick up, and see what you think!
- Read It First: 2023 Edition- Let us know if the book really is better by reading these books that are being adapted into movies or TV series this year.
More directions can be found in our activities guide or on Beanstack. You can complete one, several, or all of the activities. After each activity is completed, you will receive 10 raffle tickets that can be used for one of several grand prize drawings at the end of the program. Some activities also have additional reading lists that can be accessed through Beanstack, and for each reading activity completed, you will get an additional 6 tickets for the the grand prize raffles.
All reading/activities should be logged on our Beanstack. If you are not comfortable using Beanstack, fear not--our staff at the Reference Desk can assist you in filling out a paper version of the needed information. For any related questions, comments, or concerns, please see the Reference Desk staff, give us a call at (262) 367-3350, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or head over to our Beanstack website at hartlandlibrary.beanstack.com.
Herb & Spice Club
June Spice: Fennel
July Spice: Mint
Dementia Friends Session
Thursday, June 8 at 11 am
Party in the Park
Saturday, June 10 at 11 am – 1 pm
Genre Book Club
Wednesday, June 14 at 6 pm
Wednesday, July 12 at 6 pm
Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King
Shelf Indulgence Book Club
Thursday, June 15 at 11 am
The Sun Does Shine by Anthony Ray Hinton