In order to reduce substance abuse, prevent childhood poisonings, and help protect our environment, private citizens can bring their prescription or over the counter medications, ointments, inhalers, patches, non aerosol sprays, creams, vials and pet medications to the Hartland Police Department, 210 Cottonwood Avenue.
Items NOT accepted include illegal drugs, needles/sharps, any VAPE cartridges containing batteries, mercury thermometers, aerosol cans, bio hazardous materials (anything containing a bodily fluid or blood), flares, personal care products (shampoo, soaps, lotions, sunscreens, etc...), household hazardous waste (paint, pesticides, chemicals, oil, or gas) or acids. Please do not place boxes or instructions in these containers.
- No medication accepted from businesses or clinics.
- For information on sharps disposal sites for Waukesha County residents, please visit Waukesha County’s recycling website.
- For a current list of how to dispose of used sharps, go to the SafeNeedleDisposal website.
- We have green containers in both the West and East lobbies for these items which are available 24 hours a day
- Remember: No medications should ever be thrown in the toilet; let us dispose of them properly.